A new error correction code have been implemented in ROS mode and improves slightly decodification in HF conditions.
The new algorithm will start operating on November 9 with the v7.4.0
73 and enjoy ROS
In order to inform new entrants and keep proving the oldest utility, easy handling and operation mode ROS, the ROS EUROPEAN CLUB. invites radio amateurs world, the ROS Weekend, a weekend exclusively for those interested can test the ROS mode and share experiences.
1. Date, from June 4 at 00:01 UTC until June 5 at 23:59.
2. Call: CQ, CQ, ROS WEEKEND.
3. The certificate may be requested by any amateur or SWL.
4. For the AWARD 10 contacts will be needed. One QSO per band and day of competition. The use of cluster is allowed, but is forbidden self-advertise.
5. The AWARD will be awarded in ROS MODE.
6. The application will be the bands 10, 15, 20, 40, 80 O160 meters, and in the manner set out in paragraph
7. shall be valid QSO with the same correspondent can repeat band and day throughout the contest. Duplicates will not be valid. In order to prove a station must appear at least ten lists
8. The lists must be submitted in ADIF format generated by the ROS program itself to e-mail email@example.com indicating in the “subject” ROS Weekend.Nombre and surname, for making award
9. The AWARD will be sent by e-mail in DIN A4 size in JPEG format.
10. These bases can be modified at any time by the organization award whenever there are grounds for it. Decisions taken by the organization of diploma, for the proper functioning, must be complied with by the participant.
5-7 December 2014 on 27.635 Mhz
More info in EuropeanROSClub.com
Complete and comprehensive tutorial how to install and use ROS in portuguese:
By Luís Filipe CS7AEL,
Excellentes ROS de guidage faites par Daniel F1UCG en français
With the purpose of giving to meet the new amateur radios and continue demonstrating to the veterans to the utility, easy handling and operation of ROS, the ROS EUROPEAN CLUB, summons the world of amateur radio, the ROS WEEKEND, a weekend exclusive for those interested can use ROS and share experiences.
1.- Date: from March 22 at 00:01 UTC until March 23 at 23:59 UTC.
2.- Call: CQ, CQ, ROS WEEKEND.
3.- The diploma can be requested by any radio amateur or SWL.
4.- To obtain the Diploma will require 30 contacts. Only one QSO per band and day in all the contest (2 contacts weekend with same station). The use of the cluster is allowed, but not allowed self-advertising.
5.- The diploma will be awarded in ROS MODE.
6.- The application bands will be of 10, 15, 20, 40, 80 or160 meters, and the only valid mode is the explained in section 5.
7.- Will be valid QSO with the same correspondent and can repeat band and day throughout the contest. The duplicates will not be valid. For credit a station must appear in at least ten lists.
8.- The lists must be submitted in ADIF format generated by the program itself, via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org indicating in the subject “ROS Weekend”.
9.- The diploma will be sent by e-mail in DIN A4 size in JPEG format.
10.- These RULES can be modified at any time by the organization of the award, if there are reasons for this. Decisions taken by the award organization, must be respected by the contestant.
1.- The award may be requested by any ham or SWL.
2.- To get the award you must get a minimum of 2 QSOs on different bands with the special call EG5ERC.
3.- The award is granted on ROS, PSK, RTTY and SSB.
4.- Valids QSO between 15st November at 00:00 hours UTC and 04th December at 23:59 hours UTC of 2013.
5.- Bands are 2, 6, 10, 12, 15, 17, 20, 30, 40, 80 ó 160 meters
6.- QSOs should be sent for e-mail on Adif or Cabrillo format to: email@example.com
7.- The award will be sent by e-mail in A4 size JPEG format.
8.-These bases may change at any time by the organization